When you ask people what their favorite thing about fall is, they usually say something about the nice weather, the beautiful colors, and the cozy clothing. My favorite part of fall? Pumpkin flavored everything. Pumpkin yogurt, pumpkin cream cheese, pumpkin drinks, pumpkin donuts, the list goes on forever. My pumpkin craving usually strikes in July, so I can’t buy anything pumpkin-y. But I can make it.
This drink is sweet, full of pumpkin flavors and spices, and it is so much healthier than something you buy at a coffee shop. Bonus: it’s cheap. There is no longer a need to break your bank for this frap. Forget Christmas in July.
I want Autumn in July.
- 1 1/2 cups cold coffee
- 1 1/4 cups milk of choice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine milk, pumpkin, syrup, and spices. Place in a shallow container (the original recipe suggested using an ice cube tray, but I didn’t have any of those lying around) and stick it into the freezer. Freeze until frozen. I let mine freeze overnight.
- Once the pumpkin is frozen and the coffee is chilled, dump it into a blender and whip it up. Mine took about 5 minutes to blend up because the blender I used is probably 20 years old. Top your drink off with whipped cream and enjoy. Very delicious. Actually has pumpkin in it.
Sally, from Sally’s Baking Addiction, has been the provider of this amazing recipe. I basically live on her website. Check out the original recipe here: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/08/27/skinny-pumpkin-frappuccino/