Not another darn smoothie recipe… Ew!
No. This smoothie is not ew. This smoothie is a miracle smoothie. Why? Here’s why:
- It tastes amazing
- It’s nutritious
- It’s super filling and will keep you satisfied until lunch
- It has peanut butter and banana
There is only one thing wrong with this smoothie:
- It’s ugly
And I’m sure we can all get over the fact that it is slightly horrible looking, right? You could possibly make it look prettier by throwing in some leafy greens. It would become even healthier.. yay! But I don’t know it might look even grosser.
Anyways, the looks are unimportant, but the taste is extremely important. It is sweet, creamy and peanut-buttery, but the texture is a bit different from your normal smoothie due to the oat powder. The oat powder and the peanut butter work together to make the most satiating drink I have ever had. Seriously. It makes for a good pre-run breakfast.
If you like peanut butter and bananas, I highly recommend that you make this as soon as possible. Like right now.
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup almond milk ( If unsweetened, you may want to add a tablespoon or so of sweetener)
- 3/4 cup oats, ground into a fine powder (I used a food processor)
- A few ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Drink it and be amazed.
I don’t have a picture of this smoothie yet, but I will try to get one soon. I took multiple pictures of it and they all disappeared.
For now, just picture a smoothie that is quite ugly indeed.